Friday, December 28, 2012

Nana Goes to Heaven

Bookmark and Share

Noah's great-grandmother passed away yesterday.  The loss of a family member is especially difficult as we don't really have a lot of family and friends who love us enough to be able to cope with our circumstances.  She had a short battle with an illness that she got right before the holidays and she just couldn't fight it.  I had really thought she'd be okay so it was rather sudden as death sometimes is.   You always want that one last goodbye.  That one last chance to say I love you.  That one last Christmas card to each of the boys that didn't come this year because she was ill... she was a good great-grandma.  She was just as proud of Noah as if he had been born without a disability.  She even braved the butterfly pavilion with us when she visited last.  Something that I'm sure was hard for her to do because she had such a big phobia about moths and bugs that fly.  But she did it anyway and was a really good sport about it to be with Noah and doing something that he loved to do. 


Noah meets his great-grandmother for the 1st time

Butterfly Pavilion Bliss

Grandchild, please don’t mourn me I’m still here,
though you don’t see.
I’m right by your side each night and day
And within your heart I long to stay.
My body is gone but I’m always near,
I’m everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I’ll never depart.
As long as you keep me alive in your heart.
I’ll never wander out of your sight,
I’m the brightest star on a summer night.
I’ll never be beyond your reach,
I’m the warm moist sand when you’re at the beach.
I’m the colorful leaves when Autumn’s around,
And the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I’m the beautiful flowers of which you’re so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.
I’m the first bright blossom you’ll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I’m the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
And you’ll see that the face in the moon is mine.
When you start thinking there’s no one to love you,
You can talk to Grandma through the Lord above you.
I’ll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
And you’ll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.
I’m the hot salty tears that flow when you weep,
And the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I’m the smile you see on a baby’s face.
Just look for me, Grandchild, I’m every place!

Love,
Nana




Nana, you'll forever be in our hearts, and please look out for Noah; he needs all the angels he can get.

Love,



Noah's Miracle by Stacy Warden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.